The Planning Office is pleased to announce that Town Meeting approved our Program Improvement Request to update the Comprehensive Plan! While this process will take a few years to complete the work has already begun. A Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) has been appointed to oversee this work, in consultation with Town staff, and the Planning Board. Please check back for news about the Comprehensive Plan process. Check out the Comprehensive Plan Blog here! To get the most up to date information on the Comprehensive Plan, sign up to receive email updates.
- The CPAC will host a panel discussion on regional housing issues and trends on May 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM in room 237, The Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road, Lexington. Please RSVP via this link to attend. Housing supply, demand, and pricing are challenges many communities across the Commonwealth face. Please join us for a discussion that will focus on state and regional housing trends and issues, and what impact they may have on our region looking forward. Panelists will include: Chrystal Kornegay, MassHousing; Liz Rust, Regional Housing Services Office; Chris Kluchman, Massachusetts Housing Partnership, and Chris Herbert, of the Joint Center for Housing Studies at Harvard University.
Please fill out our Comprehensive Plan Panel Discussion Series Comment Form if you have any feedback on the panel discussions.
- Leading into the development of a new Comprehensive Plan, the Town of Lexington would like to invite you to a project kick-off event we're calling "Your Lexington". This event will take place on Monday, June 4th, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Battin Hall, Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington. The intent of this event is for Planning staff, elected and appointed officials, and selected consultants to hear feedback on what Lexington is to you. Please save the date and RSVP by using the link below and look for future emails regarding this important event. Click here to RSVP or call (781)-698-4560
- The CPAC hosted a panel discussion on regional transportation issues and trends on May 1, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Community Center. This was the fourth in a series of six panels.
- The CPAC hosted a panel discussion on regional housing issues and trends on April 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Community Center. This was the third in a series of six panels.
- The CPAC hosted a panel discussion on regional economic development issues and trends on March 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Depot, 13 Depot Square, Lexington. This was the second in a series of six panels.
- The CPAC hosted a panel discussion on regional transportation issues and trends on February 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Estabrook Hall. This was the first discussion in a series of six panels.
- The CPAC held an initial orientation meeting on January 30, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Estabrook Hall, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, Massachusetts. Presentation materials from this meeting may be found below:
Planning Office Proposed Comprehensive Plan Components 01/30/2018
Howard Stein Hudson "Planning 101" Presentation 01/30/2018
Howard Stein Hudson's Lexington Fact Sheet
Video: Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee Orientation Meeting 01/30/2018
For information on the 2002-2003 Comprehensive Plan, please visit: The Lexington We Want (2002 - 2003)