The Planning Office is pleased to announce that Town Meeting approved our Program Improvement Request to update the Comprehensive Plan! While this process will take a few years to complete, the work has already begun.
A Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) has been appointed to oversee this work, in consultation with Town staff and the Planning Board. Please check back for news about the Comprehensive Plan process.
Lexington Comprehensive Plan General Survey: Please click here to take a general survey (the first of many) pertaining to the comprehensive plan update.
- Lexington Facilitated Small Group Conversations
Where do you see Lexington in 10 years? Please join us for one of our small group conversations taking place this fall. Leading into the development of the new Comprehensive Plan, the Town of Lexington would like to invite you to a World Cafe conversation. The intent of this event is for Planning staff, elected and appointed officials, and selected consultants to hear feedback on your vision for Lexington. Please save a date and RSVP by using the links below. Please note that capacity is limited at these events so if you've already attended one, give someone else a chance to attend and look for more information regarding future events in the spring by checking this website or signing up for our email updates.
- League of Women Voters of Lexington, First Friday Forum: Planning for the Future - Lexington Comprehensive Plan
October 5, 2018 at 9:15 AM in the Cary Memorial Library. View event video
- Lexington Facilitated Small Group Conversation
September 25th, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Issac Harris Cary Memorial Building. View event video
- Your Lexington - Kick-Off for the development of the new Comprehensive Plan. Facilitated by Howard Stein Hudson
Monday, June 4th, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Battin Hall, Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue. View event video
View a copy of the Presentation as well as Lexington Data & Trends
Comments gathered, by topic:
- Regional Economic Development Issues and Trends: Panel Discussions Hosted by the CPAC
June 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Lexington Department of Public Works.
March 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Depot, 13 Depot Square. View event video
- Regional Housing Issues and Trends: Panel Discussions Hosted by the CPAC
May 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Lexington Community Center. View event video
April 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Community Center. View event video
- Regional Transportation Issues and Trends: Panel Discussions Hosted by the CPAC
May 1, 2018 at 8:30 AM at the Lexington Community Center. View event video
February 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Estabrook Hall, Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue. View event video
- Initial Orientation Meeting Hosted by the CPAC
January 30, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Estabrook Hall, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue. View event video
Presentation materials from this meeting
Please fill out our Comprehensive Plan Panel Discussion Series Comment Form, if you have any feedback on the panel discussions.