Zoning Bylaw & Map
Zoning is the principal way the Town regulates the use of land within its borders. The Bylaw consists of two parts, the text and the map; both are available below.
- The Zoning Bylaw — A digital version of the Town's code that can be accessed and searched quickly. Hard copies of the Bylaw are available for purchase in the Planning Office.
- The Zoning Map — updated through Town Meeting 2016. Hard copies are available for purchase in the Planning Office.
Lexington's Development Regulations provide procedures and standards for developing and/or dividing parcels of land into smaller parcels for development. Please note that the digital code has yet to incorporate these changes. The files above should be used until they are incorporated into the Town's Code.
- Chapter 175, The Planning Board Subdivision Regulations
- Chapter 176, The Planning Board Zoning Regulations
Planning Board Procedural Rules
The Planning Board's Procedural Rules can be found here. These rules govern how the Board administers itself.
Both of the Board's Regulations reference material used by the Registry of Deeds and Land Court when preparing plans and documents for recording and/or registration. These documents can be found by following the links below:
- Registry of Deeds: Deed Indexing Standards for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Land Court: Manual of Instructions for the Survey of Lands and Preparation of Plans to Be Filed in the Land Court
DISCLAIMER - The Web version of the Town of Lexington, Massachusetts Zoning Bylaw, Zoning Map, and Planning Board Regulations are provided for reference and convenience. The print version of these documents, with any amendments, remain the official versions. If any discrepancies exist between the print and web versions of the Zoning Bylaw, the Zoning Map or the Development Regulations, the print version, together with any amendments, shall be considered correct.