COVID-19 Updates and Information
- Read more about COVID-19 booster shots
- Local indoor mask order now in-effect in Lexington Learn more.
- As of June 15, 2021 the State of Emergency in Massachusetts has been lifted.
- As of May 29, 2021 all remaining state-wide COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, and all industries in Massachusetts are open at 100% capacity.
- Also as of May 29, the state-wide face covering order has been rescinded. Massachusetts is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated face mask guidance.
The Lexington Board of Health emphasizes that all unvaccinated individuals, including children under the age of 12, are at increased risk of exposure to the virus whenever they are in settings with unmasked individuals. Vaccination and continued mask wearing whenever in close quarters with others, remain our only effective path to continued reduction in COVID case numbers.
CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Immunocompromised people should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them. Read more about the CDC’s recommendations.
Eligible individuals can find a location to get a booster dose by using the State’s VaxFinder: http://vaxfinder.mass.gov
The general public has not yet been approved for a third dose, but the CDC is planning in the event it is. Read more.
Help for Those in Need; Volunteer/Donate
LexHelp: resources and information for those in need of assistance with rent, food, transportation, etc.; volunteer and donation opportunities
If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume pre-pandemic activities including travel within the United States. Learn more.
Town Employees and Town Offices
- Masks are required for employees and people entering Town buildings.
- Details on the Community Center's reopening
- Check the status of Cary Library's restoration of services
STATE & FEDERAL INFORMATION
- Text COVIDMA to 888777 to sign up for text updates from the State
- Federal COVID-19 related funeral expense assistance
- See Reopening Massachusetts website for more information from the State
- Resources for filing Abuse Protection Orders and Harassment Prevention Orders
- Unemployment payments for self-employed and others whose income has been impacted
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and RESOURCES
|Mental Health and Domestic Violence Resources|
|Have a question you can't find an answer to? There are people you can ask!|