The Lexington Board of Health and Public Health Division, in collaboration with the Lexington Department of Public Works, periodically offers a medical waste drop off service at no cost to residents.
Lexington residents only, with ID (such as a driver's license)
Residential medical waste only (medical waste from businesses or medical offices is not accepted)
Upcoming collection events:
Saturday, March 24, 2018, 9:00 A.M. -12noon
Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 5PM-7PM
Parking lot behind the Town Office Building,
1625 Massachusetts Ave.
Enter the parking lot by the Police Station and then drive behind Cary Memorial Building. Signs will be posted to help guide you on the day of the event.
What to Bring:
- Sharps, needles, syringes - must be in puncture-proof, closed containers (such as red medical waste containers, detergent bottle, coffee cans or similar sturdy puncture proof containers) - the container will not be returned to you
- Expired/unwanted medicine
What Not to Bring:
- Personal Care Products such as over the counter toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, soaps, Vaseline, muscle ache ointments, hand cream, shaving cream, and lotions
- Medical Devices or unused medical supplies - these can sometimes be donated - see below
Donating Medical Devices or Unused Medical Supplies
Listed below are two nonprofit organizations which accept products such as:
- blood pressure kits
- diabetes monitoring kits
- unused lancets
- unused bandages and related goods
American Medical Resource Foundation
The Town of Lexington does not endorse or recommend any specific organization.
For more information contact the Public Health Director Gerard F. Cody, REHS/RS at 781-698-4503 or by email a email@example.com.