LexRecNeeds aims to engage the public to better understand the communities needs as it relates to parks, recreation programs and facilities in Lexington as we build a shared vision for the future. With the help of PROS Consulting, we will be using data and best practices to predict trends and patterns of use to identify unmet needs in the community.
The public's feedback will help us shape programs and services in the years ahead, as we continue our work to meet the diverse needs of our community.
At the end of this process, we will have developed a strategic action plan that will help drive short and long-term decision making for our parks, recreation programs, and facilities and will reflect the community's values.
Project Timeline February 2020 - September 2020
- June 15 - July 1, 2020: Online survey becomes available to all residents
- May - June 2020: Statistically Valid Survey mailed to homes
- April 2020:
- March 4, 2020: Community Forum, Estabrook Hall, Cary Hall
- Intro video from Austin (PROS Consulting 00:00-02:00)
- Presentation from PROS Consulting (02:00-29:00)
- Polling Results (29:50-46:40)
- Open Comment Period (46:40-49:30)
- March 2020: Focus Group and key stakeholder interviews take place
- February 2020: Kickoff Leadership Team Meeting
- January 2020: PROS Consulting, Inc will complete the assessment
Leadership Team: Melissa Battite, Christine Dean, Katharine Labrecque, Melissa Interess, Peter Coleman, Michelle Kelleher
Steering Committee: Rick DeAngelis, Suzie Barry, Paula Rizzo, Sandra Shaw, Dave Pinsonneault, Emily Smith, Kate DeAngelis, Carolyn Kosnoff, Karen Mullins, Molly Belanger, Naomi Martin
Funding for this needs assessment was approved at the 2019 Annual Town Meeting.