While our offices are closed to the public, you can reach us by:
- contacting our office at 781-698-4600
- filling out our department's Contact Us form
Description of Services
The Treasurer/Collector is appointed by the Town Manager and supervised by the Assistant Town Manager for Finance. The Tax Collector and staff:
- Process parking ticket payments and issue refunds for abatements granted by the Board of Assessors.
- Pursue timely collection of all bills and maintain a collection rate of over 98% of property tax bills.
- Establish and maintain Tax Title accounts on delinquent real estate tax accounts.
The Treasurer is responsible for the receipt, investment and disbursement of all Town funds. The Treasurer and office staff:
- Manage all town bank accounts;
- Conduct both short term and long term borrowing for the Town;
- Invest available funds; and
- Manage School Student Activity Accounts, specialized bank accounts set up for each elementary and secondary school for the processing of collection and spending of funds supplied by the students for their extracurricular activities.