While our offices are closed to the public, you can reach us by:
- contacting specific staff members listed below
- contacting our office at 781-698-4558 (please leave a message)
- filling out our department's Contact Us form
Calls regarding Town Clerk services will be returned within 24 hours during working hours.
Services about which you may have questions
- Annual Town Election. Nomination papers available for Major Offices and Town Meeting.
The process for taking out Nomination Papers is the following:
- You must call the Town Clerk’s Office (781-698-4558) or email email@example.com to make an appointment to receive your Nomination Papers.
- A clerk from the Office will come out and you will be given the Nomination Papers and the Town Clerk’s Book to sign.
- You obtain the necessary amount of signatures and return the Papers to the Town Clerk’s Depository Box on the circle (blue with yellow lettering).
- The Office informs you that the necessary amount of signatures have been certified, and your name appears on the ballot for the 2021 March Annual Election.
- Town Meeting. The Select Board voted to hold Town Meeting commencing on March 22, 2021. It is very likely that the Annual Town Meeting will be held remotely this year due to COVID-19. More information will be forthcoming from the Town Manager's Office and the Select Board Office.
- Voter Registration and Elections Information. You may register to vote online, and you can access the Town Clerk’s Elections and Voting webpage for further information. The deadline for registering to vote for the March Annual Election on March 1, 2021 is February 9, 2021. If you have any questions related to your voter status you may leave us a message at 781-698-4558, and we will return your call.
- Vital Records – Certified Birth, Death and Marriage Records. Requests for vital records can be made online and are sent out within days of the receipt of the request.
- Business Certificates, DBAs (“Doing Business As”). We are issuing business certificates as long as your application is notarized. Please send your application and the $25.00 fee to Town Clerk’s Office, 1625 Massachusetts Ave., Lexington, MA 02420 and your certificate will be mailed to you.
- Marriage Intentions. Marriage intention services are being conducted on a very limited basis and by appointment only. Please call our Office for details at 781-698-4558.
- Public Meeting Postings. Public meetings of the following boards are continuing to be held remotely. The Town Clerk’s Office will continue to post these critical meetings. All other meetings will not be posted.
- Notary Services. The Town Clerk’s Office and all Notary services in Town Offices are suspended until further notice.
- Dog Licensing: Dog Licenses were due April 15th, no late fees assessed at present. You may send your invoice by US Mail or dropped off in the blue drop box next in the circular driveway outside Town Offices. Please remember you must have proof of a current rabies certificate in order to receive your tag.
Payment was due by April 15th. Late fees are waived until 45 day after the State of Emergency is lifted, and may be waived for the 2020 year. Simply pay your bill as indicated.
Description of Services:
The Town Clerk acts as the Town's:
- chief election official
- recording officer
- registrar of vital statistics
- public records officer
- licensing officer.
The Clerk works with the Board of Registrars to promote and maintain voter registration and voter records. The Clerk maintains records of adopted municipal code, bylaws, oaths of office, resignations and appointments.
The Clerk's staff issues:
- marriage licenses
- dog licenses
- business certificates.
The Town Clerk's office responds to inquiries from the public and serves as a central information point for the Town.
|Nathalie Rice||Town Clerk||781-698-4557|
|Dianne Sperber||Assistant Town Clerk||781-698-4552|
|Lisa Maguire||Administrative Assistant||781-698-4555|
|Gina Carme||Municipal Clerk||781-698-4553|
|Kelley Cutone-Clair||Municipal Clerk||781-698-4554|