- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - State Primary
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - State Election
General Election Dates
- Town Election: First Monday in March
- State Primary: Second Tuesday after Labor Day, at two-year intervals on the even years
- State Election: First Tuesday in November, at two-year intervals on the even years
- Presidential Primary: First Tuesday in March, at four-year intervals
- Presidential Election: First or Second Tuesday in November, at four-year intervals
Election Day is set by law for the general elections of public officials. It occurs on the Tuesday right after the first Monday in November (this does not necessarily mean the "first Tuesday" in a month because the first day of a month can be a Tuesday). The earliest possible date is November 2, and the latest possible date is November 8 (as it will be for the 2016 election).
The polls are open in Lexington on election day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for most elections.
You are eligible to vote via absentee Ballot if:
1. You are absent from the Town on the day of election or
2. You are physically unable to get to the polls, including for religious reasons.
To start the absentee voting process, please complete an Absentee Ballot Application, available at the Town Clerk’s Office or on the Office of the Secretary of State’s web site.
Upon receipt of your application, we will mail you an absentee ballot or you may vote at the Town Clerk’s Office.
For more information, please visit the website of the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth - ELECTIONS DIVISION