Our public records, documents and publications are kept in the Town's Public Records Portal.
Searching the Public Records Portal
Documents in the Public Records Portal are mostly kept in PDF format.
- AND – Returns documents which contain both words or phrases
- OR – Returns documents which contain either or both words or phrases
- NOT – Returns documents which do not contain the specified word or phrase
- WITHIN – Returns documents which contain a word or phrase WITHIN a designated number of characters, sentences, or paragraphs of another word or phrase. Selecting WITHIN opens a sub-window where you enter additional information about the search
- FUZZY SEARCH – Returns documents which contain the entered word or phrase, or words or phrases that are similar. You can enter additional information about how different the words or phrases are. This feature helps if the document has spelling errors, or if you are not sure of a correct name spelling.
- Quick Search: a simple search of the phrase typed in the Search Box. Quick Search searches text, document names, and associated fields and annotations.
- To Search the Entire Repository, enter the search criteria in the Search box with Entire Repository selected from the drop down then select Search.
- To Search within a Folder, enter the search criteria in the Search box with Current Folder selected from the drop down, highlight the folder to be searched then select Search.
- Select the Search button to open Search Pane
- Select the type of Customize Search i.e., Text, Document/Folder Name, Within Folder, etc. from the drop down list
- For a TEXT Search, enter the phrase to be searched in the Search Box
- Select Search
For the different types of Advanced Searches you will be required to supply additional Search information; for example, a Document/Folder Name Search requires the user to specify the Document/Folder Name to be searched in addition to the text/phrase to be searched.
Other types of Advanced Searches are:
- Within Folder
- Within Volume
- Sticky Note
- Creation Date
- Modification Date
- Electronic Documents
- Has Pages
- Weblink Search
Helpful hints for searching within the Committee Members Web Report:
- The report is alphabetical by Committee Name
- Use the up and down arrows to page through data, or enter the specific page number sought and select "Go".
- Data is not case sensitive.
How to search the Committee Members Web Report
- Select "Committee Members" folder
- Select "Committee Members Web Report"
- To Browse this folder, double click to open it
- To Search within this folder, enter the Search Criteria in the Search Box with "Current Folder" selected from the drop down and select Search
- Follow search procedures as outlined above for general searches