Have you ever wondered…
Comments from past participants:
“Very impressed by staffs' dedication and passion for their job and service to the community.”
Join the annual Citizens' Academy and learn about the inner workings of Lexington Town Government!
The program is designed to expose residents to the various Town departments so they can gain a better understanding of how municipal government works. Through presentations, discussions, and visits to Town departments, participants have the opportunity to hear from various Directors and Managers and learn about the operations of Town programs and services.
It is intended as a two-way dialogue between Town staff and residents. Participants discover new opportunities for public involvement and the role they can play in Town government.
- Begins Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Approximately 11 VIRTUAL sessions held via Zoom
- Thursday nights from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Presentations by department heads and managers
To register, or for more information, contact:
Town Manager's Office
The course is free, and will change how you see Town Government!
- Introduction & Overview of the Town
Select Board & Town Manager's Office
- Town Meeting & Town Clerk
- Planning, Zoning, Health and Economic Development
- Town Budget
- Fire & Building
- Public Works & Public Facilities
- Human Services and Recreation & Community Programs
- Cary Library & Sustainability