Have you ever wondered…
Comments from past participants:
“Very impressed by staffs' dedication and passion for their job and service to the community.”
Join the annual Citizens' Academy and learn about the inner workings of Lexington Town Government!
The program is designed to expose residents to the various Town departments so they can gain a better understanding of how municipal government works. Through presentations, discussions, and visits to Town departments, participants have the opportunity to hear from various Directors and Managers and learn about the operations of Town programs and services.
It is intended as a two-way dialogue between Town staff and residents. Participants discover new opportunities for public involvement and the role they can play in Town government.
- Begins September 20, 2018
- 10 sessions, Thursday nights 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Presentations by department heads and managers
To register, or for more information:
Town Manager's Office
The course is free, and will change how you see Town Government!
- Introduction & Overview of the Town
September 20, 2018
- Land Use, Health, Community and Economic Development
September 27, 2018
- Town Meeting & Town Clerk
October 4, 2018
- Town Financials & Tour
October 11, 2018
- Hot Topics Discussion with Board of Selectmen
October 18, 2018
October 25, 2018
- Emergency Services - Fire & Tour
November 1, 2018
- Police & Human Services
November 8, 2018
- Public Works & Public Facilities
November 29, 2018
- Cary Memorial Library and Recreation & Community Programs
December 6, 2018
- Board of Selectmen Meeting — Graduation!
December 17, 2018