The priority of the Veterans' Services District is to aid and assist all veterans, their widows or spouses, and/or their dependent children, in the Towns of Lexington & Bedford through the Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services, with short or long term medical assistance, financial aid, assistance with state applications for veterans' benefits, and administration of veteran’s benefits provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Our offices also assist the Town Committees with Memorial Day commemorations, Veterans Day commemorations, memorials, and proper flag disposal.
Lexington-Bedford Veterans' Services District
Lexington & Bedford
Gina Rada, District Director
Bill Linnehan, Bedford Veterans' Services (VSO)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Our mission is to support the veterans residing in our district by identifying veterans and their families in need of service and providing information and access to the services for which they are eligible under the law.
Goals & Objectives
- To execute timely and accurate benefit delivery for all veterans seeking help from the Federal, State and Local branches of government
- To provide dignity, compassion, respect and privacy to all veterans seeking assistance
- To empower veterans through technology, information sharing, and networking; where they can assist themselves and their fellow veterans by connecting services to need
- To continue the fight against homelessness and joblessness within the veteran community
- To be honest and forthright with our veterans, researching the correct answer and providing results as quickly as accuracy allows
- To see the office as a base of operations, not a home, bringing services to the veteran wherever they are whenever they need