The Youth Commission's Youth Advisory Committee is a group of up to 30 local teens who work with the Youth Commission to:
- plan, promote and participate in community service and educational activities for and with Lexington’s youth and teens
- serve as youth leaders and role models for the community
- communicate current issues to town officials
Any Lexington resident entering the 9th – 12th grades in the upcoming school year is eligible, regardless of school or district.
- Download the application form to find out more about the responsibilities of Youth Advisory Committee members, and possible activities and programs.
- The application form must be completed in its entirety. It is to your benefit to type or print neatly. All required signatures must be included before submitting.
- Return your application by May 26, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year.
- All eligible candidates’ applications will be reviewed by the adult members of the Lexington Youth Commission by June 15, 2017. Candidates may be asked to attend an in-person or phone interview with a Youth Commission Member. You will be notified if that is required.
- Candidates who are selected as Youth Commission members will be subject to a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check. This is a Town requirement.
- All candidates will be notified of the outcome in June after the review process is completed.
- We have a limited number of spaces, so not all applicants will be appointed.
If you have questions or need more information about Commission activities or programs, please contact the Youth Commission Chairwoman, Deb Hankins at 781 910 0841.