While our offices are closed to the public, you can reach us by:
- contacting specific staff members listed below
- contacting our office at 781-698-4843 or 781-698-4851
- filling out our department's Contact Us form
The Youth & Family Services Department for the Town of Lexington is a free service for Lexington residents of all ages.
We can talk with you confidentially and provide resources to help you with whatever you may be going through.
Effective Friday, March 13, 2020 through Monday, May 18, 2020, the Community Center will be suspending organized programs, classes, and activities, which also includes public meetings, scheduled room reservations, the Windowpane and Fix-It Shops, and Recreation-sponsored programs held in locations other than the Community Center. The building will remain locked during operating hours and you will not be allowed in without a scheduled appointment. Human Services will continue to operate out of the Community Center by appointment only. For any questions please contact the Human Services Department at 781-698-4840.
We will continue to monitor this rapidly-changing situation as it evolves and will re-evaluate it upon guidance from the Mass Department Public Health and Lexington Board of Health. Please check back often for updates at www.lexingtonma.gov/covid19, which also includes tips on precautionary activities you can do to keep yourself and others safe.
Services We Offer:
- Information and referral
- Brief case management services
- Collaboration with Town departments and community-based youth and family service providers
- Needs assessment and service coordination for mental health and emergency financial assistance
- Community service opportunities for youth
- Crisis intervention
- Intergenerational programming
- School consultation services
- Youth programming: Planning and facilitating substance-free activities for youth
- Parent programs and support services
- Community outreach
Youth & Family Community News and Information:
Teen Drop-in Group at Cary Memorial Library