While our offices are closed to the public, you can reach us by:
- contacting specific staff members listed below
- contacting our office at 781-698-4515
- filling out our department's Contact Us form
Lexington's Zoning Bylaw (Part II of the Code of Lexington) regulates such things as land use, size and location of structures, off-street parking requirements, signs, and special residential developments.
The Building Department is responsible for administration, enforcement, and interpretation of the Zoning Bylaw
The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for:
- hearing and deciding administrative appeals.
- hearing and deciding applications for special permits.
- hearing and deciding petitions for variances
Please call the Board of Appeals at 781-698-4534 with any questions you may have.
Building Department staff also support the Zoning Board of Appeals.